Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Design Evaluation

So, I'm going to talk about the bad design first.  I really hated this album cover (and thats saying something because this is my favorite band of all time).  I just think that it could have been really great but was very poorly executed.  The dark text on a black background with the bright colors that accent it but don't really do a great job it really was a poor design choice on whoever decided on this album art.  The dark text on the dark background makes the band's name really hard to read, and doesn't do much to add to the overall design.  The colors work well with the dark, but the way they were put in really looks awful.  

This album cover in my favorite out of all of the ones this band ever came out with.  The light really draws your eye toward the doorway and the wall beside it flooded in light, which I think really plays into the album title of "The Open Door".  Everything outside of the light from the open doorway is shrouded in darkness.  There's even dark elements in the gown that Amy Lee (the lead singer) is wearing, and they get lighter the closer they are to where the light is coming into the space.  I just think that the design of this cover is much better than the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment